This is delicious, sugar-free granola is easy to make. It's healthy and will keep well in a large glass jar. Great for breakfast, for a snack or to top a crumble. A cost-effective, healthier solution to the shop bought alternatives.
Shop bought granolas are heavily sweetened with refined sugars, fats and additives. This homemade sugar-free granola used pureed apple and cinnamon as a sweetener. For the healthy fat use coconut oil or grass-fed cow or goats butter.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Quantity: Makes 12 bowls of granola
- 1 cup of natural almonds
- 1 cup of raw natural cashews
- 1/2 cup of raw hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup of raw walnuts
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut (optional)
- 4 cups of rolled natural oats
- 1 tbsp ground oats
- 1/2 tsp ground dried ginger
- 1 cup of unsweetened pureed apple
- 1/4 cup of liquid melted coconut oil / grass-fed cow or goats butter
- 3 tsp of organic cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 300F
- Place oats and the apple puree on a baking tray with the healthy fat you have chosen and mix.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, turning and mixing every 15 minutes so they turn a light even golden brown.
- Take out the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients in.
- Store in a large airtight, glass container in a cool dark place.
- Try to use organic products where possible
- Use gluten-free oats if you are gluten intolerant
- The apple puree can be omitted if preferred
- Fennel seeds are delicous and aid in digestion - optional
- Serve with the milk of your choice and berries. Use low sugar berries like blueberries, blackberries and raspberries.
- Serve with a yoghurt of your choice and berries.